How To Master Self – Discipline
Self-discipline, also known as self-control, is a quality that can help us make better choices in everything that we do.
Studies show that self-discipline can help make us healthier, happier, and more successful throughout our lives. Here are just a few examples:
• Higher self-control in childhood results in better physical health as an adult.
• Teens with more self-discipline are less likely to use drugs or alcohol or indulge in risky sexual behaviors.
• Children with higher self-control do better in school.
• In a study spanning twenty years, children who had more self-control in school became adults with more career success.
• Employees with more self-control earn more and have higher status jobs than those will less self-control.
• Self-discipline increases happiness and wellbeing.
• People with more self-discipline report better relationships with their friends and family.
In short, the research is clear that self-discipline positively affects just about every aspect of life.
Self-discipline is so beneficial because it helps us make better choices at every turn, in all areas of our lives.
Fortunately, self-discipline is a skill, not just an inborn quality, and anyone at any stage of life can improve their self-discipline and begin to reap the benefits.